Prep 25 mins
Cook 39 mins
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe. Enjoy!
- 450 g chicken breasts, boneless cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Toss in the chicken cubes and saute until almost tender.
- Fold in garlic and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add bell peppers and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cornflour dissolved in a quarter cup of water.
- Mix in salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Fold in broccoli florets and cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve at once.
I converted this to 6 chicken tenders, frozen broccoli, a little bell pepper (ran out), and some green onions. The sauce wasn't thick enough for my liking, so next time, I would use more arrowroot powder. Tagged in Asian Unrated Recipe Tag 7-09. Everyone liked it, so I say PTL!
This is a decent basic recipe but the resulting product was a bit too saucy for the amount of other ingredients. I added onions along with the bell peppers and crushed red pepper flakes and ground black pepper (in addition to white pepper) for more flavor. I believe that a newbie to stir frying would be confused by this recipe because the directions are too vague. I used a seasoned wok and basically cooked everything on high on a gas stove. Prepared for Asian Unrated Recipe Tag Game July 2009.