Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweetly spicy sauce dresses up your chicken main dish for an easy weeknight dinner. Serve a salad alongside for a healthy meal.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- green onion, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In small bowl, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- Season lightly with salt.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared. Turn chicken; cook another 4 minutes until just cooked through.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and green onion.
This was excellent! Easy, quick, wonderful! KEEPER! Pushed for time, I mixed all the ingredients in a mason jar and put it in the frig overnight. About 1 hr before I started cooking (after work)the next day, I took it out of the frig to "warm up". Cook the recipe according to directions - perfect!