Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a basic recoipe but tastes good. I have served this with rice and pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup half-and-half (I use fat free)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large tomatoes, coasrsly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarsley chopped
- basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat until sizzling. Stir in salt and pepper. Add chicken, cook 8-12 minutes or until juices are clear, turn once. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir flour into skillet. Add half and half and garlic; stirring constantly 1 min or until slightly thickened. Stir in tomatoes and basil. Return chicken to skillet. Cook 4-5 min or until heated thru. Garnish with basil leaves.
Prepared this recipe with one slight change ~ I used 2 rather large chicken breasts while keeping the amounts of the other ingredients the same! Made for a very tasty chicken dish & I now have a wonderful new way to fix this meat! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]