Very fast and very easy, but oustanding flavor! The flavors of the cranberry salsa with the cilantro cream are a surprisingly good combination. One word of advice: the cilantro is a standout flavor in this dish, so if you don't like the herb, you may not like this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) container orange cranberry sauce (like Ocean Spray)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1Combine green onions, jalapeno, vinegar and cranberry sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- 2Stir in 1 tbsp of the cilantro, and 1 tbsp of the lime juice.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine the remaining cilantro and lime juice with the cream cheese in a small bowl, combining well.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Put each chicken breast half between plastic wrap, and flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- 7Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 8Heat medium skillet over medium high heat, cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, till done.
- 9Spoon cranberry salsa evenly into 4 serving plates.
- 10Top with chicken breasts, and add a dollop of cilantro cream over each chicken breast, then serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Salsa and Cilantro Cream
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 265.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 30.0 g