Recipe by ciao
Very fast and very easy, but oustanding flavor! The flavors of the cranberry salsa with the cilantro cream are a surprisingly good combination. One word of advice: the cilantro is a standout flavor in this dish, so if you don't like the herb, you may not like this one.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) containerorange cranberry sauce (like Ocean Spray)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green onions, jalapeno, vinegar and cranberry sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of the cilantro, and 1 tbsp of the lime juice.
- Set aside.
- Combine the remaining cilantro and lime juice with the cream cheese in a small bowl, combining well.
- Set aside.
- Put each chicken breast half between plastic wrap, and flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat medium skillet over medium high heat, cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, till done.
- Spoon cranberry salsa evenly into 4 serving plates.
- Top with chicken breasts, and add a dollop of cilantro cream over each chicken breast, then serve.