Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From parenthood.com which I found when I was looking for cherry chicken recipes. Haven't tried it yet.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cups canned black cherries or 2 cups frozen black cherries, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken breasts on broiler rack and broil 3 minutes a side, until browned.
- Transfer to an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cup of the cherries, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and sherry; process until pureed.
- Pour into a small saucepan; add onion, raisins, and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until mixture thickens.
- Pour cherry sauce over chicken breasts.
- Add remaining cherries.
- Turn oven heat to 350 degrees f. and bake 30 minutes.