From parenthood.com which I found when I was looking for cherry chicken recipes. Haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cups canned black cherries or 2 cups frozen black cherries, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Place chicken breasts on broiler rack and broil 3 minutes a side, until browned.
- 3Transfer to an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- 4In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cup of the cherries, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and sherry; process until pureed.
- 5Pour into a small saucepan; add onion, raisins, and cornstarch mixture.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until mixture thickens.
- 7Pour cherry sauce over chicken breasts.
- 8Add remaining cherries.
- 9Turn oven heat to 350 degrees f. and bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Black Cherry Raisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 57.2 g