Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Often in life, the simplest things are best. It is certainly true with some dishes. This quick and easy to make chicken is one of those dishes, very satisfying. My husband loves his comfort food, so I serve this tasty dish with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 158.51 ml corn flake crumbs
- 78.07 ml instant potato flakes
- 4.92 ml sea salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 59.16 ml powdered soup, roasted garlic & onion (Liptons)
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the cornflake crumbs, potato flakes, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, allspice and soup mix and blend well.
- Wash the chicken breasts and lightly shake off the excess water.
- Dip the damp chicken in the cornflake mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle the melted butter overtop of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Make sure chicken is cooked before removing from oven, times may vary due to individual stoves and the size of the chicken breasts.
My chicken turned out very tasty and moist. The pieces I moved first lost the breading on the bottom, but the ones taken as second helpings were removed with both sides of breading attached with no problem. I could only find onion soup, no garlic and onion soup. So that is what I used. Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration" game on Yuku.
Maybe I did something wrong? The coating did not stick to the chicken and it was soggy on the bottom. We enjoyed the flavor, but the onion soup mix was a bit overpowering to us.
So flavorful and good! I luckily have all the ingredients in my pantry usually so this can be made often. The only change I made was to use b/s chicken thighs since that is what was in the freezer. Made for Zaar Stars.