Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a cookbook "Easy Cooking for Today". A simple, easy and tasty chicken recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
- Heat butter and oil in frying pan; when hot, add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Season well and turn chicken over; partially cover and continue cooking 4 more minutes.
- Add onion and paprika; mix well.
- Partially cover and cook another 3 to 4 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in tomatoes and spices; cover and cook 8 to 9 minutes over medium-low heat.
- When chicken is done, pour in cream and mix well.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Very good, I added some garlic and put it over noodles.Very easy to make and will make again.
I took suggestions from both of the other two reviews when I fixed this last week. I used diced tomatoes, just to save time, and used all the juice. Added 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic. Reduced the liquid then added the chicken back to the pan along with the cream. This dish is quick enough for a weeknight, but yummy enough for company. My 18 year old grandson asked when I would do it again. High praise for any recipe.
Wonderful!!I too added the garlic. When I chopped the tomatoes I slit them open over the sink and drained them as well as my toddler has a hard time eating the seeds. I removed the chicken and added all the liquid that the tomatoes were packed in and reduced the whole thing before adding the cream. My husband says I can make the sauce part anytime I want for pasta, rice or meatball subs. (can you tell what his priorities are?)