Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Saw this on TV and could almost smell it. Had to try it myself. Tweaked it just a little bit (cut down on the fat).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g plum, stoned and finely chopped
- 113.39 g apricots, stoned and finely chopped (you can use dried apricots)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled,cored and grated
- 158.51 ml balsamic vinegar
- 158.51 ml water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook plums, apricots, ginger, chillies, apples, balsamic vinegar and water together in a heavy based pan for about 20 minutes to make a sauce.
- In another pan, brown the chicken breast in the oil.
- Add the sauce and cook together gently for about 15 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice or cous-cous.
It was ok - flavors were a bit bland. Vinegar taste was really overwhelming; would reduce to 1/4 next time.
This was just devine. The fruits all combined together so nicely with the balsamic creating a lovely balance between sweet and tart. This remined me very much of a saucy chutney without the added sugar. I should mention that when the sauce finished cooking, it seemed too acidic and I was concerned. After letting it cool about 10 minutes, the balsamic mellowed and the flavor from the fruit seemed to becomea bit more assertive. Had the leftovers this eveing, and the flavors were even better. I used fresh apricots to make this WW Core but think the dried kind would work just as well. Thanks for a fantastic meal.