Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
a meal within itself.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 (8 ounce) cans milk
- 1 (8 ounce) canslices water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken breasts in large 11x14 , greased baking dish, and sprinkle with seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Melt margarine in large skillet and saute celery, onion, and bell pepper.
- Add pimentos, rice, soups, and milk, and water chestnuts, and mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken covered at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top of casserole, and bake for 5 minutes.