Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy to make weeknight recipe. The recipe is courtesy Everyday living.
Make and share this Chicken Breast With Pepper-Potato Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs & seeds removed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook in skillet, turning to brown all sides, 18 to 20 minutes, transfer to plate.
- Add onions, peppers, potatoes, rosemary (if using), and 1/2 cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine, scraping any browned bits off bottom of skillet; cover skillet and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes(they will cook further in next step).
- Return Chicken to skillet; add tomatoes; cover skillet, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout and potatoes are tender,8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; stir parsley into vegetables in skillet , serve with chicken.
Flavors were ok. Potatoes were mushy. (maybe I overcooked) Might try again and not cook as long.
This was delicious! We used boneless chicken breasts, they were beautifully moist and tender under the ragout. I would say that the rosemary is essential in this dish. I also threw in a bit of salsa because I didn't have many grape tomatoes. A definite keeper, thanks Barb!