1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
An easy to make weeknight recipe. The recipe is courtesy Everyday living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs & seeds removed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole fresh parsley leaves
- 1Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook in skillet, turning to brown all sides, 18 to 20 minutes, transfer to plate.
- 3Add onions, peppers, potatoes, rosemary (if using), and 1/2 cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Toss to combine, scraping any browned bits off bottom of skillet; cover skillet and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes(they will cook further in next step).
- 5Return Chicken to skillet; add tomatoes; cover skillet, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout and potatoes are tender,8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Transfer chicken to serving plates; stir parsley into vegetables in skillet , serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast With Pepper-Potato Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 58.8 g