Chicken Breast With Pears
- Sprinkle chicken with allspice. Brown in heated butter in a large frying pan. Sprinkle with green onions; add mustard and broth. Cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add pear wedges. Cover again, and continue cooking about 10 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through (test with a knife in thickest part. Pour in brandy, if used; ignite, then wait until flames subside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and pears to a warm serving dish; keep warm.
- To cooking pan add cream. Bring to boiling, stirring, and cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Pour over chicken and pears.
- Good served with cooked rice and tiny peas.