Lazy Chef 2's Note:
This is my DD Elan's choice...so I'm posting this for her!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (use green tops too)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium pears, unpeeled, cored, cut in thin length-wise wedges
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional) or 1/4 cup clear pear brandy (optional)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1Sprinkle chicken with allspice. Brown in heated butter in a large frying pan. Sprinkle with green onions; add mustard and broth. Cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Add pear wedges. Cover again, and continue cooking about 10 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through (test with a knife in thickest part. Pour in brandy, if used; ignite, then wait until flames subside.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and pears to a warm serving dish; keep warm.
- 4To cooking pan add cream. Bring to boiling, stirring, and cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Pour over chicken and pears.
- 5Good served with cooked rice and tiny peas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast With Pears
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 243.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 42.2 g