Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my DD Elan's choice...so I'm posting this for her!
Make and share this Chicken Breast With Pears recipe from Food.com.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (use green tops too)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium pears, unpeeled, cored, cut in thin length-wise wedges
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (optional) or 1⁄4 cup clear pear brandy (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle chicken with allspice. Brown in heated butter in a large frying pan. Sprinkle with green onions; add mustard and broth. Cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add pear wedges. Cover again, and continue cooking about 10 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through (test with a knife in thickest part. Pour in brandy, if used; ignite, then wait until flames subside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and pears to a warm serving dish; keep warm.
- To cooking pan add cream. Bring to boiling, stirring, and cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Pour over chicken and pears.
- Good served with cooked rice and tiny peas.