1/3 Photos of Chicken Breast With Mustard and Sesame Sauce
My daughter's boyfriend's mom gave her a cookbook that was created by the Houston Ballet for their Nutcracker Christmas Market in 1984. The recipes in the book were submitted by directors, choreographers, and dancers in the Houston Ballet that year. This recipe was submitted by Rachel Jonell Beard, Soloist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts in a pot in a single layer, skin-side down.
- 2In a blender, puree the scallions and ginger with 1 cup of water. Add to pot with chicken.
- 3Add cold water to pot to cover chicken by 1 inch.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 5Plunge chicken into cold water to cool to room temperature. Remove the breast meat in 4 intact halves, discarding skin and bones.
- 6Cut each breast half crosswise on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange 1 half-breast on each serving plate.
- 7In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, vegetable oil sesame oil, and sherry. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken on each plate; serve the remainder of the sauce in a dish on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast With Mustard and Sesame Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 447.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.9 g