Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A South Carolina dish I read about in Cathy Pickens mystery series. Chicken and rice that you could make after the chicken and dumplings recipe; just take out stock and some chicken but you need some flavorful stock. you can use more garlic if you wish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces smoked sausage, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Melt butter; add onion and sausage; cook a little.
- add garlic
- Add rice, chicken stock, chicken, soy sauce and pepper.
- Cook 25 minutes.
- Ladle into 4 bowls; top with scallions.