Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Start dinner before you leave for work and come home to dinner in under 30 minutes. Tender chicken, creamy bacon/garlic sauce and al dente egg noodles...mmm, comfort food.
- 3 -4 chicken thighs or 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 14 -28 ounces chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- minced garlic
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- Place chicken and 2 cans of broth in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or until juices run clear. When cooked, remove from liquid, allow to cool, then shred or chop.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Saute bacon and garlic in medium saucepan until bacon slightly browned, not too crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add butter to drippings and melt completely.
- Add 4 tbs flour and cook for one minute, whisking occasionally.
- Add skim milk, starting with a tbs or two until you've added the full 2 cups, whisking to prevent lumps. Bring to a simmer and allow to thicken until it covers the back of spoon.
- Add in: bacon, garlic, chicken. Serve over hot egg noodles.