Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
recipe from "French Women Don't Get Fat." have not tried it yet but the recipe sounds excellent!
- 2 (12 ounce) chicken breasts (with skin and bone)
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 dash cervil tarragon (optional) or 1 dash thyme (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a roasting pan. Make a slit in each and insert the shallot. Season. Pour half a cup of the champagne over breasts.
- Place pan under the broiler, skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nicely brown. Turn and broil other side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler, baste and add the remaining ½ cup of Champagne. Place in 475° F oven for 30 minutes, basting once or twice.