1/1 Photo of Chicken Athenos
From 1001 More Low Fat Recipes. I think I'd serve this with rice instead of the noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Saute chicken in oil in large saucepan until lightly browned.
- 2Add tomatoes and their liquid, lemon juice, garlic, cinnamon, bay leaf and sherry.
- 3Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through; about 15 minues.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf and cinnamon.
- 5Toss chicken mixture with noodles in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Athenos
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 34.1 g