Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 More Low Fat Recipes. I think I'd serve this with rice instead of the noodles.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Saute chicken in oil in large saucepan until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, lemon juice, garlic, cinnamon, bay leaf and sherry.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through; about 15 minues.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Toss chicken mixture with noodles in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta and serve.