1/10 Photos of Chicken Asiago
A variation on Chicken Cordon Bleu or Chicken Parmesan, baked so lower in fat. Use your favorite jarred or canned sauce, or make your own. Serve with your favorite cooked pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a shallow bowl, beat egg with just enough water to thin it a little. Set aside.
- 3Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl, and stir in dried basil. Set aside.
- 4Place 1 chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until about 1/4 inch thick, being careful not to pound holes in chicken; repeat with 2nd breast.
- 5Remove plastic wrap and place 1 slice of ham on each breast.
- 6Place one piece of cheese on the narrow end of each breast. Roll breast up jelly-roll fashion, and secure ends with toothpicks.
- 7Dip breast in egg mixture and coat all sides. Roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Repeat with 2nd breast.
- 8Place in baking dish and LIGHTLY spray with cooking spray (or an oil mister). This will help coating brown.
- 9Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Remove toothpicks and place on plates. Top with some heated pasta sauce and some shredded cheese to garnish; serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Asiago
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 370.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: