Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
Cuisine at Home
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 pink lady apple, grated
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 ciabatta rolls, halved
- Combine chicken, apple, onion, brown sugar, 1 tbsp parsley, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a bowl; divide into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each sausage portion into a 1-inch thick patty, then press a 2-inch wide well in the middle of each patty, leaving a thin layer on the bottom of the patty.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add patties, well side down, and cook until browned, about 4 minutes; turn over.
- Gently crack an egg into the well of each patty.
- Cover pan and cook over med-low heat until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, about 7 minutes.
- Serve sausage boats on toasted ciabatta halves, and garnish each boat with remaining parsley.