Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook (Best-Ever Casseroles) and decided to post for future reference. I will adjust cooking times and techniques after I make it. Prep/cook time are guess-timates.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced and divided
- 3⁄4 lb sliced muenster cheese (or you can use Mozzarella)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg and then into bread crumbs to coat; set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet and saute chicken just until golden on both sides.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13x9" baking pan and top with half of the mushrooms.
- Cover mushrooms with cheese slices and top with remaining mushrooms.
- Pour broth over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.