Make and share this Chicken and Vegetable Paninis With Tarragon Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/3-inch -thick slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split horizontally
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Blend first 3 ingredients in bowl; season mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- Using meat mallet, flatten chicken breast halves in plastic bag to 1/2-inch thickness; cut chicken crosswise in half. Place on sheet of foil. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with half of garlic, then salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini and onion slices on sheet of foil and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with remaining garlic, then salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill chicken pieces until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to work surface. Grill vegetables until softened slightly and charred, about 7 minutes per side for onion and 5 minutes per side for zucchini. Transfer to work surface.
- Grill rolls until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Spread tarragon mayonnaise on roll bottoms; top with 1 chicken piece, 1/4 of grilled vegetables, and 2 tomato slices. Cover with roll tops.
One of my choices for the Spring 2007 PAC contest. Another winner from Karen in OC. Quick to put together and just wonderful tastes. I did double the onion, just for personal preference, and my panini lacked the tomato, but DH had them on his (just can't eat a raw tomato). The tarragon was perfect with the chicken. As an added benefit, no dishes to clean up! Thanks Karen!!!