Recipe by JillAZ
Went to post the recipe for Chicken Veggie Toss and found it already submitted. Here is another use for Chicken Veggie Toss. From Cooking Light's superfast Suppers. Where chicken is listed in the recipe, use a portion of Chicken Veggie Toss. Zaar won't let me list a recipe as an ingredient.
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chicken (use 3 cups of Chicken Veggie Toss)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and cayenne and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring well with a whisk after each addition. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Mix in the pasta and recipe#274056, stir well.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until heated through.