Recipe by ND_Dawn
Found this somewhere on the internet. Very good and light meal.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I made this exactly as posted and ended up with a pleasant meal that was easy to put together. The sauce was a little thin for me, so it didn't cling to the rotini as well as I would have liked. I also would have preferred that the chicken be browner and have more color. I think next time, I would cook the chicken breasts fully to get them a nice brown color, then dice it before mixing with the pasta, sauce, and vegetables. Thanks for sharing this quick dinner idea! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with a few shakes of garlic powder and cook until no longer pink.
- Combine cream cheese, dressing and milk in separate small sauce pan. Heat on low to medium-low and whisk until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture to chicken and vegetables. Stir well and heat through (about 5 minutes). Serve over pasta.