Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a soup can and my family loves it. It is also easy to prepare and its a no brainer to do.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice or 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- In a 2 quart shallow baking dish mix soup,water,rice,paprika and pepper.
- Place chicken over rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional pepper and or paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees.
Always a winner in my house! I have done a bunch of variations. My favorite is to sub in healthy cream of broccolli soup and add 1/2-1 Cup of shredded cheddar and top with french fried onions. TIP: Do not cut up the chicken into smaller pieces (bite size) thinking it will cook faster. I tried it once...watery rice...gluey texture...eew. Hoping you can avoid the same mistake. :)
Very fast to put together!!! I actually use cooked, shredded chicken - I do not like to look at what I call chicken "plank". Very tasty!
One of my favorites and I love that you can add whatever veggies you might have on hand to it. Also instead of simply using water I use Chicken Broth which gives the rice a bit more flavor. Yum!