Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was very good and low-fat.
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small French rolls, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook about 20 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken over medium flame for 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Or, broil for 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on rolls, divide pepper mixture evenly and spoon over chicken.
I found this chicken to be very good on a sandwhich.To give the chicken some extra taste I added some Mrs.Dash extra spicy seasoning,also before cooking the vegetables I added Club house salad herbs.I fed this dish to my whole family and they loved it.They said you could really taste the salad herbs.I would reccommend those fro extra flavour
Simply great tasting and easy sandwich. I sprinkled the chicken with garlic and Italian seasonings before cooking, which added a nice flavor. Thanks!
I made this several times and the family loved it! I always the ingredients on hand so it's a great "go to" for a busy schedule. Also tried it with pre-cooked chicken breasts (even faster). I do the chicken in the oven and the veggies in the skillet. We use different breads and sometimes cheese slices, what a great healthy "fast food" alternative!