Recipe by CindiJ
After watching The Pioneer Woman make her version of this I decided to take the basics of her recipe and adjust to our tastes (i.e. make due with what I had on hand). I loved the ease and the great taste of this!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups fresh kale, torn
- 1⁄2 lb cooked pasta (your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh (shaved with veg peeler)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta of your choice according to directions on package.
- Heat large skillet on medium high. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Lay chicken pieces in skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook until all sides of chicken are lightly browned (approx. 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, wine and broth. Stir in the chicken pieces and any juice left on the plate from the chicken.
- Add the kale and mix well.
- Drain and add the pasta to the chicken (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water just in case). Adding the pasta on top of the kale will aid in wilting it down faster. Cook over medium heat, stirring often.
- When the kale is wilted to your preference, remove the skillet from the heat and start shaving in the Parmesan cheese. Use more if you like.
- Serve immediately.