Australian chef Donna Hay's version. It's quite different from the other version already listed here.
- Place the miso paste and warm water in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the water, chilli, ginger and green onions in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, snow peas and noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken and noodles are cooked through.
- Stir the miso mixture into the noodle mixture.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with extra green onions.
I thought this was excellent. I used dried chili and added some soy sauce and mirin. Also added some ramen noodles too. It was really good and tasty. Two of us managed to eat the whole batch at one sitting!!! oink oink Thanks for the post AmandainOz
This is a tasty, easy soup that lends itself to all sorts of improvising. I used veggie chicken and soybeans. I didn't have the chiles, so sprinkled in some crushed red pepper instead. I look forward to making it again.
I love miso, and this soup is wonderful and so easy to make. I followed the recipe as written (unusual for me) and was delighted with the results. It served five of us for a light lunch. The heat was perfect -- although one exchange student was wiping his brow (the girls were fine).