Recipe by AmandaInOz
Australian chef Donna Hay's version. It's quite different from the other version already listed here.
Top Review by Tebo
I thought this was excellent. I used dried chili and added some soy sauce and mirin. Also added some ramen noodles too. It was really good and tasty. Two of us managed to eat the whole batch at one sitting!!! oink oink Thanks for the post AmandainOz
- 1⁄4 cup miso
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 6 cups water
- 1 large red chile, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 100 g snow peas, halved
- 250 g udon noodles
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the miso paste and warm water in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the water, chilli, ginger and green onions in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, snow peas and noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken and noodles are cooked through.
- Stir the miso mixture into the noodle mixture.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with extra green onions.