Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a really simple baked pasta that all the family will love.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (10 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (10 oz)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 (440 g) can tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (3 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180oC (350oF).
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until cooked, drain.
- Slice the chicken breasts into long strips and then cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan.
- Cook the chicken quickly over high heat until browned but not cooked through; drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion, carrot and bacon to the pan.
- Stir over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and soup, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Combine the pasta, chicken, tomato mixture and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.