Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A really yummy meal-in-one. Don't remember where I got the recipe years ago, but it's very tasty.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned, bone-in
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, divided
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Break the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Combine vegetables in 3 qt.baking dish. Sprinkle with 1T parsley, 2t basil, and the pepper.
- Combine the bouillon cube and water and pour over vegetables.
- Make paste of 1T parsley, 1t basil, the garlic and lemon juice.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables.
- Spread the paste on the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hrs or until the chicken and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally.