3 hrs 10 mins
Comfort food for a cold weather supper. This dumpling recipe is the best I have found.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small chicken, cut up (or 2 lbs of skinless chicken pieces)
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 package baby carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place chicken pieces in a soup pot with just enough cold water to cover.
- 2Add onions and salt/pepper.
- 3Cover and simmer for one hour.
- 4Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add dumplings and cook for another 1/2 hour following the directions below.
- 6Dumplings: Mix dry ingredients together to form a stiff dough.
- 7When soup/stew is nearly done, drop by small spoonsful into soup.
- 8(Be sure to dip spoon in hot liquid each time).
- 9Cook slowly uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 10Cook covered 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings for Bratty
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 543.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: