1/1 Photo of Chicken and Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
Krystal Shankle's Note:
This is the very best dumplings you will ever have, or pretty darn close. These are soooo good, and better on a cold day. Please let me know how you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 chicken thighs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup diced carrot (diced)
- 1/3 cup white wine (as much as you like)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans pillsbury biscuits (the kind you buy in the 4 packs, not the large biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Boil thighs in 2 quarts water until done (until juice is clear when you poke it).
- 2Take chicken pieces out put into separate dish.
- 3Add your onion, celery, peas and carrots.
- 4Now add your wine.
- 5Cook until boiling.
- 6It's time to add your biscuits by pinching off small pieces of each biscuit and dropping them into boiling water.
- 7Now you need to give it a good stir to separate the biscuit pieces.
- 8Let it boil for a couple of minutes, then add your soups.
- 9Stir until soup is pretty much dissolved.
- 10The boiling will slow down when you add your soups so let it get to a rapid boil again.
- 11Now turn your heat down and let simmer for about 20-25 minute until desired texture of your dumplings.
- 12Tear your chicken into bite size pieces, add back to soup.
- 13Stir then serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g