Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the very best dumplings you will ever have, or pretty darn close. These are soooo good, and better on a cold day. Please let me know how you like it.
- 4 -5 chicken thighs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (as much as you like)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) canspillsbury biscuits (the kind you buy in the 4 packs, not the large biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Boil thighs in 2 quarts water until done (until juice is clear when you poke it).
- Take chicken pieces out put into separate dish.
- Add your onion, celery, peas and carrots.
- Now add your wine.
- Cook until boiling.
- It's time to add your biscuits by pinching off small pieces of each biscuit and dropping them into boiling water.
- Now you need to give it a good stir to separate the biscuit pieces.
- Let it boil for a couple of minutes, then add your soups.
- Stir until soup is pretty much dissolved.
- The boiling will slow down when you add your soups so let it get to a rapid boil again.
- Now turn your heat down and let simmer for about 20-25 minute until desired texture of your dumplings.
- Tear your chicken into bite size pieces, add back to soup.
- Stir then serve.
Very, Very good. Made these for dinner last eve, Good comfort food for a stormy day. Everyone thought it was delicious. We love Chicken and dumplings. Served it with a green salad and baked apples.
I did not use any wine. I did however find cream of chicken AND mushroom soup by Campbell (I'd never seen that before) so I used two cans of that. I also used leeks and a bag of small frozen pearl onions and added fresh mushrooms. Unforunately I did not follow the instructions very well so the dumplings turned out kind of gummy ( I added everything in and then the dumplings so they had no room to cook). So I used one can for dumplings and just used the second can as biscuits. Very lovely and tasty chicken and dumplings (I used 10 skinless boneless thighs and three skinless boneless breasts).WONDERFUL FLAVOR in spite of my errors I will be making this one again. Thanks!
I really liked this recipe. I am not a chicken and dumpling expert. I have had it only a few times. This was easy, tasty and made a huge pot of food! I did not add the wine and I boiled the chicken with two bouillon cubes. Added pepper but otherwise followed directions exactly. Was very easy. Thanks for the new staple recipe for our house!