This is the very best dumplings you will ever have, or pretty darn close. These are soooo good, and better on a cold day. Please let me know how you like it.
- 4 -5 chicken thighs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (as much as you like)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) canspillsbury biscuits (the kind you buy in the 4 packs, not the large biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Boil thighs in 2 quarts water until done (until juice is clear when you poke it).
- Take chicken pieces out put into separate dish.
- Add your onion, celery, peas and carrots.
- Now add your wine.
- Cook until boiling.
- It's time to add your biscuits by pinching off small pieces of each biscuit and dropping them into boiling water.
- Now you need to give it a good stir to separate the biscuit pieces.
- Let it boil for a couple of minutes, then add your soups.
- Stir until soup is pretty much dissolved.
- The boiling will slow down when you add your soups so let it get to a rapid boil again.
- Now turn your heat down and let simmer for about 20-25 minute until desired texture of your dumplings.
- Tear your chicken into bite size pieces, add back to soup.
- Stir then serve.