Recipe by Damar12
Dumplings are always a good meal on a cool day. This is something I concocted from different other recipes. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 chicken, cooked and deboned
- 2 cups water
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 package frozen dumplings (, Open Kettle brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until tender, cool and debone; set aside.
- In a large stock pot; add water, chicken broth (may use more chicken broth instead of water also), cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, parsley, salt and pepper to taste (may use Creole Seasoning to taste instead).
- On medium heat, bring pot to a rolling boil.
- Dust frozen pie crust with flour and cut into 1"X 2" rectangles, drop pie crust pieces into boiling broth.
- This will tighten up broth.
- Now add the frozen dumplings per package directions.
- Simmer until done.
- Add the chicken to pot and allow to simmer 15 to 30 minutes before ready to eat, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Makes approximately 1 gallon.