Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I haven't tried this yet, but I hope to soon. Enjoy!!
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- chopped fresh parsley or watercress, for garnish
- In a 4-quart electric slow cooker, combine the potatoes, onion, corn, bell pepper, chilies, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Mix well. In a medium bowl, stir together the undiluted soup with the water and wine until smooth. Stir into the potato mixture along with the chicken.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 4. 5-5 hours, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through. Before serving, garnish the top with parsley or watercress.
I'd been eyeing this recipe awhile, and tonight I happened to have all the ingred. on hand to try. I did not have the time to cook in a crock pot, so I poached the chicken first and baked everything till hot. I omitted the green chilies, though, since I didn't think it would go over well with the kids. When I sampled it at first I thought it was a bit bland, so I sprinkled a garlic herb seasoning on it, and it did boost the flavor. I did notice that everyone ate it without complaint! I think if you like the flavor of a corn chowder, you'd enjoy this, too. Thanks for posting, Eat it Up- Roxygirl