Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can be made ahead and refrigerated. Just increase baking time by ten minutes.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery ond onion; cook until crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining casserole ingredients.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart or 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle topping ingredients over casserole.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until topping is warm.
This is a yummy , easy one dish meal. My picky kids loved it (minus the celery). I made it up the night before, microwaved it the next day, added the toppings and some butter and threw under the broiler for a few minutes. Thanks for the recipe Carolinafan!