from "The Best Freezer Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the penne in a large pot of water for 8-10 minutes until tender but firm.
- 2While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and pepper strips and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Place the broccoli florets in a colander and drain the pasta over it. Place the pasta and broccoli back into the large pot.
- 5Add the chicken mixture, pesto and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- 6To freeze:.
- 7Cool. Spoon into freezer containers, seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 8To serve:.
- 9Thaw in micro or fridge. Bake in baking dish at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional freshly grated parmesan before serving.
- 10Note: I usually undercook my pasta slightly if I am freezing it. It finishes cooking when the dish is reheated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Pasta With Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.1 g