Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from "The Best Freezer Cookbook"
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Pasta With Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the penne in a large pot of water for 8-10 minutes until tender but firm.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and pepper strips and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place the broccoli florets in a colander and drain the pasta over it. Place the pasta and broccoli back into the large pot.
- Add the chicken mixture, pesto and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- To freeze:.
- Cool. Spoon into freezer containers, seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve:.
- Thaw in micro or fridge. Bake in baking dish at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional freshly grated parmesan before serving.
- Note: I usually undercook my pasta slightly if I am freezing it. It finishes cooking when the dish is reheated.