Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I put this together just being different, and it came out awesome. My fiance loved it and I will make it again for sure!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, Minced (1 clove)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chicken
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) box noodles, Fettuccini
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook noodles.
- Saute onions, garlic and chicken over medium-high heat. After onions become tender stir in broccoli and black pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, stir in flour. Add 2 cups milk, whisk until smooth. Stir in Cream of Chicken soup. Cook until soup is mostly stirred inches.
- Layer in 9 x 13 pan: contents of sauce pan on bottom, sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over sauce, place noodles over top of cheese, then chicken and broccoli mixture, finally parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 350 for 25 minutes, until bubbly.
My husband made this recipe and it turned out great.
Very nice meal for our family. I do not use canned chicken, so used some chunked chicken I had precooked by boiling. I worked great. Makes a very full 9x13 cassserole so beware. Everything just works really well together. Made for the Photo Forum March Potatoes & Pasta Tag Game 2008.