Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good, and I like the unusual mix of ingredients, but I will stop short of saying this is the best recipe I have; however, I like it enough that I want to post it here so I can remember to cook it. Incidentally, I cooked the catfish with the basil cream sauce recently, YUM.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 3 boneless skinned chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and next 6 ingredients to skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in cooked chicken and warm cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
larchie, this is delicious! Low-calories and quick to fix. I used some from-the-freezer dried cherry tomatoes with garlic-herbs, that I did last summer, so I didn't use the basil, Italian seasoning and reduced the garlic to half. Also added some baby spinach leaves in place of the broccoli. DELISH! Made for PAC-Spring 2010.