Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and easy enchilada recipe..one of my favs. Got to love black beans
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 cup salsa, of your choice
- 4 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In larger bowl, combine the beans, chili powder, cumin, jalapeno and 1/4 cup 1/2 cup salsa.
- Mash the ingredients with fork until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 4 tortillas and place over the bean mixture.
- Roll each tortilla, fold in the ends and place side by side in the bottom of the
- Top each rolled tortilla with the remaining salsa, cheese and scallions.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes.