Recipe by Karin...
These are just DE-LICIOUS and a rather nice change from the usual SAUSAGE rolls!! * Once cooked these little treats may be frozen. Or, they can be prepared up to 3 days in advance and be refrigerated.
- 4 ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 can asparagus, drained or 1⁄2 cup fresh asparagus, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (, these may be substitued with chopped spring onions)
- 50 g tasty cheese, finely chopped or grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 strips, and cut each strip crossways to give 3 rectangles.
- Roll each rectangle on lightly floured surface until they measure approximately 3" x 6".
- Combine the chicken, asparagus sour cream, chives (or spring onions) and cheese in a bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture onto each rolled out pastry rectangle.
- Lightly brush the edges with egg and fold in the long sides first before folding in the ends to form'parcels'.
- Place pastries seam side down on greased oven trays.
- *Shortly before serving, brush each pastry with egg and bake in a moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.