Recipe by Golden Sunflower
An old recipe from an old friend. The first time I made this was for my old friend. She wasn't a very good cook, but had this recipe she wanted to try on a date that was coming over for dinner. She asked me to go by and make it for her and I had to scoot out quick before he showed up. He loved it and they have now been married for 19 years. I still say it had to do with the dinner I cooked. But he'll never know!!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 halves)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- seasoned bread crumbs
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and roll chicken in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of oil and saute whole cloves of garlic, remove and set aside once they turn golden (do not brown).
- Add remaining olive oil, heat and add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, vinegar and parsley to saute pan, warm contents, swish and pour over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and bake for another 10 minutes.