Halcyon Eve's Note:
I found this recipe online somewhere a few years ago and adapted it to suit our tastes. It's a delicious alternative to traditional beef stroganoff, with its creamy sauce full of tender chicken and delicious artichoke hearts! It also can be cooked and then transferred to a crockpot to keep hot for a few hours. I wouldn't keep it in the crockpot more than 2-4 hours, though, or the chicken might get too dry. Times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 368.54 g water-packed artichoke hearts, undrained
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml mixed Italian herbs, divided (or more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 226.79 g nonfat sour cream
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/3 cup liquid, and set the artichoke hearts aside. Add enough olive oil to reserved liquid to make 1/2 cup. Stir in 1 Tbsp herbs.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil until garlic just begins to turn white (do not brown).
- 3Add onion and cook until just beginning to turn transparent (again, do not brown).
- 4Add chicken and 1/4 cup oil-herb mixture; cook until chicken is browned.
- 5Meanwhile, combine flour and remaining herbs in a small bowl and stir well. Add the flour mixture to remaining oil-herb mixture and stir until smooth. Pour over chicken. Stir to combine; add boiling water and stir.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil and cover, reduce the heat, and simmer 4-5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in the reserved artichoke hearts and sour cream and heat through. Serve over hot rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Artichoke Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 207.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs