Recipe by VLizzle
This fabulous recipe is thanks to Paula Deen. I tried it last night for the first time, and I just couldn't wait to share it with others. A wonderful comfort meal for a chilly winter evening. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5 ounce) package parmesan cheese, grated (I used shredded)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used pre-packaged Purdue grilled chicken strips)
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups French bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in wine and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, stir until combined.
- Stir in chicken, artichokes, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and spoon into prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the French bread cubes with the melted butter and toss until coated.
- Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.