Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was taken from the Simply Recipes website and adapted from the Boston Globe.
Make and share this Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, fresh ground to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 apples, unpeeled and cored and cut into eighths (use Golden delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Pippin, or McIntosh apples)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper, lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Add chicken broth, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples to serving plates.
- Whisk cider mixture again and add to skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon over chicken and apples, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with rice. Serves 4.