This recipe was taken from the Simply Recipes website and adapted from the Boston Globe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, fresh ground to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 apples, unpeeled and cored and cut into eighths (use Golden delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Pippin, or McIntosh apples)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- 1Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2Spread bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper, lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
- 3In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until browned on the other side.
- 4Add chicken broth, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples to serving plates.
- 6Whisk cider mixture again and add to skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Spoon over chicken and apples, sprinkle with parsley.
- 8Serve with rice. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 273.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g