Awesome chicken and apple salad from Good Housekeeping's Illustrated Kids Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or low-fat or fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large celery ribs (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large carrot (about 3 ounces)
- 1 red apple (McIntosh or Red Delicious, about 6 ounces)
- 2 slices jarlsberg cheese or 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1Combine the mayonnaise and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add the mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until it is well combined. Set yogurt dressing aside.
- 2With a paring knife, cut off and discard the ends of the celery. Dice each celery stalk into 1/4-inch pieces. Put the pieces in the mixing bowl.
- 3Peel the carrot and cut off the ends. Cut the carrot in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into thin slices. Put the slices in the mixing bowl.
- 4Cut the apple in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and core. Cut each half into 1/4-inch slices. Put the slices in the mixing bowl.
- 5Cut the slices of cheese crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Separate the strips and put them in the mixing bowl.
- 6Add the chicken and walnuts. Stir the mixture until it is well combined.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 421.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: