Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can serve over rice. From My Gourmet Collection website.
Make and share this Chicken and Andouille Stew over Soft Polenta (Grits) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 links andouille sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices (can substitute smoked sausage)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- soft polenta (recipe follows)
Creamy Soft Polenta
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce (Frank's Hot sauce works well) (optional)
- 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal (we like Bob's Red Mill)
- 2⁄3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge lightly in flour. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and continue cooking until lightly golden on all sides.
- Add the andouille and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until it has rendered a little of its fat. Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits that may have accumulated on the bottom of the pan and simmer until the liquid begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken and sausages are cooked through. Add the green onions and simmer for an additional minute, then add the parsley. Remove from the heat and serve immediately over soft polenta.