Top Review by BeansnRice
This recipe is a keeper although I think I'll tinker with it a bit. My family thought the basil was a little overpowering but it has a really good flavor overall. Plus it was simple to make. Thanks for posting.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, slivered
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on slow cooker.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with garlic, onion flakes, Italian dressing mix, salt and pepper.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, soup, and chicken broth; heat together in microwave; stir and blend together.
- Pour over chicken and continue to cook another 2 hours.Stir basil and parsley in sauce.
- Serve over linguini or rice.
- You can add mushrooms for the last 2 hours of cooking or a slivered red pepper for colour.
- If you have only dry herbs only use only 1/4 tsp basil and parsley!