Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This simple chicken recipe has become a favorite for us. Frying the chicken breast can be a little time consuming but everything else comes together in minutes.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before cut chicken into bite size pieces.Beat together eggs and milk and soak chicken overnight in refridgerator.
- Roll each chicken piece in italian flavored bread crumbs and fry slowly in oil until cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Place a layer of chicken in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. sprinkle with a layer of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat. End with cheese on top.
- Just before baking add 1 cup chicken broth over chicken.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 40-45 minutes, covered, until cheese melts and broth bubbles.
- Serve with rice, tossed salad and garlic bread.
- Can be frozen. Serves 6.