Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family favorite. It is a very versital recipe. We have eaten this over noodles, rice and veggies. We have also eaten it plain and used french bread to soak up the broth. I have also added mushrooms to this to make it a bit "different". I've also used fresh garlic and onions for a change. You can also replace olive oil for some of the butter.
- Melt half of the butter in skillet.
- Season chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook in butter until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour cream into skillet, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
- Cook until chicken is done.
- If needed, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
- Add more garlic and pepper to sauce if needed.
Too simple to be so good! I used 2 tbsp butter + 1 tbsp of olive oil to cook the chicken. I also had to sub evaporated milk for the cream because I was out. We served over toast but this would also be good over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
10 out of 10 points.
Easy, quick, and very flavorful. Great for a weekday dinner. I didn't need to add the cornstarch. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)