La Marz's Note:
This is a typical plate at my house, my DH loves it. It is basically pork rinds, in a tomatillo sauce. Started making my own salsa, since the canned ones that I bought, weren't that good. This is how my Mom would make it, back home. If you don't have a "Carniceria" (store, specialized in meat cuts), buy the kind of pork rinds in a packet/bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the salsa, boil the tomatillos (without the papery husk), and jalapenos, until the jalapenos change color. Put all the tomatillos, and jalapenos in a blender, add some of the water that was used to boil them. Add the onion coarsely chopped, along with the cilantro, garlic salt and bouillon.
- 2To prevent minor burns, either use a clean washcloth instead of the top of the blender to cover, or if your blender top has the little attachment you can remove, remove it before you blend the hot ingredients. Blend everything.
- 3Chop the chicharrones to bite size, and reserve.
- 4Heat up some oil in a large skillet, add the salsa, and bring it to a boil, before adding the chicharrones.
- 5Let everything simmer for some 15 minutes before serving.
- 6Serve hot, with refried beans and flour tortillas.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicharrones En Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1293.7
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.0 mg
- Sodium 4492.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 141.3 g