Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup masa harina
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- to taste chili pepper, sliced
- to taste parsley, chopped
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in masa harina.
- On low speed, beat in water.
- Place corn in bowl of food processor and pulse until chopped coarsely.
- Stir in masa mixture. In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cornmeal,cream, baking powder, and salt. Stir into corn mixture. Spread in a greased 8" sq.
- baking pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in a larger pan and pour boiling water half way up the side of the smaller pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 min., or until set. Remove smaller pan from water, uncover and let stand 15 min.
- Sprinkle with chilies and parsley, if desired.
YUM!! I omitted the chili peppers and parsely, out of preference, and it was very good! Topped it with a little FF sour cream and some salsa. Will make again!! Thanks!
Tasty and fairly simple to mix up although a bit too sweet for me. I did cut down a little on the sugar, and even made one with Splenda which worked fine. Also you can mix this up, get it into the pan and refrigerate and bake the next day with good results. Went over well at a recent party.