Recipe by Lali
Supposedly this is the same as Chi Chi's "Cancun"
Top Review by KingJackQueen
I worked at Chi-Chi's for 16 years. Crab was the imitation sticks that you see in the store. White sauce came in a dry packet that we added lobster base to along with cooking sherrie and water. Mixed the sauce with the crab and monterey jack prior to rolling enchiladas. Covered with sauce and a sprinkling of more jack cheese. When they came out of the oven we would top with paprika. Hope this helps. KJQ
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces crab, chopped (real or imitation)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas, 5-6 inch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, stir together soup, onion, nutmeg and black pepper.
- In another bowl, place half of the soup mixture, crab and 1 cup of the jack cheese; set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels, microwave on 100 percent power for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Place 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in greased 12 X 7-1/2 dish.
- Stir milk into the reserved soup mixture, pour over enchiladas.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add a dash of hot pepper sauce to soup mix if desired.